Mango and Pomegranate Chicken
This is an unusual curry as it use no garlic and has quite a tangy flavour due to the lemon in it. I have made this a quick dish by skipping the frying of ingredients. Bung it in the oven and forget about it. But you can do it on the hob faster if you prefer.
- 4 chicken breasts free range organic if possible
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 8 tbs light olive oil
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 6 tbs pomegranate powder
- 3 onions, chopped or equivalent frozen onions
- 2 tsp mango powder
- 2 tsp chilli flakes optional
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbs chopped coriander
- 100 ml boiling water
- salt to taste
- fresh mango to garnish, optional
- pomegranate seeds to garnish, optional
- extra coriander to garnish, optional
- Pre heat the oven to 170 fan, 190 electric or Gas 5.
- In an oven proof dish with a lid, make a paste from the oil, lemon juice and spices. Stir thoroughly.
- Add all the other ingredients plus the water and stir again.
- Cook for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve with roasted or riced cauliflower, sprinkled with fresh mango, pomegranate seeds and fresh coriander.