Wot no egg? choc cake
I couldn't believe how good these taste without eggs. The texture is great and they are simple to make. The linseed should be freshly ground so that the oil in them is unlocked making the sticky structure you need.
- 85 g quinoa flour
- 65 g golden linseed freshly ground in coffee grinder
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 150 g dextrose
- 1/2 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda gluten free
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 100 g rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence sugar free
- 65 ml light olive oil
- 240 ml water
- Pre heat the oven to 170 fan, 190 electric or Gas 5.
- Line and grease a 7" sponge tin or lay out approx 18 bun cases in tins.
- In a large bowl put all the ingredients in, in the order listed above.
- Mix well with a fork to a smooth batter and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon into the tin/cases and bake for 20 minutes for buns or 30 minutes for the single cake. Check that its cooked by inserting a skewer or toothpick, it should come out clean.