Make loads in advance and freeze them. You can then re heat at 180 fan for about 10 minutes and you're good to go! Although they are a little Indian they go with loads of things. Great as a starter or nibbles too.
- 750 g courgettes wiped and grated
- 1 medium onions finely sliced
- 100 g chickpea/gram flour plain gluten free would do
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 hot chillies finely chopped optional!
- 3 tbs coriander chopped
- 1/4 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 litre light olive oil for frying
- When you have grated the courgettes, take a handful at a time and squeeze over the sink it to remove some of the liquid. Transfer to a big bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium to hot heat, if your oil comes up more than a third in the frying pan then it is not big enough to safely fry them. Or you could use a saucepan and deep fry them.
- Take desert spoonful sized amounts and squeeze together to form flatish patties.
- Fry in batches for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Turn if shallow frying them. If they are catching and burning turn the heat down. Dry on kitchen towel and keep warm.
- Serve with full fat yoghurt mixed with some Colmans sugar free mint sauce. A little cucumber chopped into it is also lovely.
They can be frozen and re heated for 10-12 minutes in a medium to hot oven.