Asparagus and Mushrooms with Shallot Dressing
The hearty nature of asparagus and portobello mushrooms make this a substantial side dish or a main event. Grilling the veg means less hassle and washing up, just throw the foil in the recycling afterwards!
- 1 bunch asparagus cut in 5cm lengths see top tip below
- 3 portobello mushrooms sliced outer skin removed
- olive oil for brushing
- 1 shallot fonely chopped
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp dextrose
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp lack sesame seeds
- Pre heat the grill. Line a baking tray with strong foil.
- Brush the mushroom and grill for 10 minutes, turning frequently.
- Brush the asparagus with oil and add to the mushrooms under the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes until al dente or to taste.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Coat the vegetables and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Top tip for cleaning asparagus tips. Run the hot tap to hand- hot. Put the asparagus tip down into a pint glass and add the hot water. Leave for 15 minutes. The tips open slightly and any grit drops out! Also bend the stem and it with naturally snap away the woody part.