Cauliflower is so versatile. So using it with different textures in the same salad makes a delicious dish. I actually got the inspiration for this from M&S. They do a veggie pot with similar ingredients. But it is tiny, expensive and very rarely available!
- 1 large head cauliflower broken into small florets Approx 800g with stalk removed
- 40 g cashews soaked overnight
- 60 g tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 8 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs cold water plus more if needed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Toasted seeds see recipe link below
- Mixed Salad leaves
- 2 tsp capers optional
- Toss the cauliflower florets in 4 tbs olive oil and season, in a roasting tin. Roast for 30 minutes on fan 200, 220 electric or Gas 7, until nicely browned. When cooked remove from the tin and place on a plate to cool more quickly.
- Drain the cashews and put in a food processor. Add 2 tbs of water and blend. Scrape down the sides. There is too little to make a paste at this stage.
- Add two thirds of the cooked cauliflower, tahini, garlic, lemon, cumin, salt and olive oil. Blend again, adding more water if necessary to make a good textured dip.
- To serve, layer hummus at the bottom, then salad leaves, then roasted cauli and capers and sprinkle with the toasted seeds.
Here is the link for the toasted seed recipe