Easy chicken wings
Superb low carb finger food
- 1.5 kilos Chicken wings
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional if you don't like spice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- Put everything apart from the chicken wings into a baking tray.
- Mix together using your hand to form a paste and cover the bottom of the tray.
- Add the raw chicken wings and coat them all over and spread out in a single layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the fridge an hour before you start to cook.
- Pre heat the oven to 200° fan, 220° electric or gas mark 7.
- Cook for 25 minutes then pour off the cooking liquid into a small saucepan (this is optional but it tastes great).
- Put the wings back in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Bring the cooking liquid to boiling then simmer for 15 minutes.
- The wings are even better if they are allowed to rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with homemade coleslaw (see the link below) and the reserved and cooked sauce.
Click here for the coleslaw recipe.