Avocadoes are a fantastic source of all things good. Such a fresh taste, and goes with so many things. Really nice with chilli, burgers, cold meats and omelets.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Franks extra hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp tabasco
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to your taste
- Squeeze about two thirds of the half of lime into a bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthways. Discard the stone. Scoop out the flesh making sure you scrape the green layer near the skin. This will keep the quacamole a good green colour. Stir to cover with lime juice so that it doesn't brown.
- Put the onion, tabasco and scotch bonnet sauce in. Mash together and taste. Add more lime juice or scotch bonnet sauce to taste.