Ridiculously easy and delicious. It creates its own gravy. Works well with any veg, cauliflower rice, or salad. Great as a cold leftover for a packed lunch. Remember to enjoy the skin!
- 1 whole chicken preferably free range
- 2 lemons
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2 kallo yeast free organic chicken stock cubes
- Pre heat the oven to 160 fan, 180 electric or gas 4.
- Boil the kettle.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin.
- Take the ends off the lemons. Cut in half. And prick all over with a fork, right through the skin.
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the lemons into the cavity. If they don't all fit place cut side down in roasting tin.
- Push the rosemary sprigs into the cavity around the lemons.
- Pour boiling water all over the skin and fill up the roasting tray about a third to halfway.
- Pop the stock cubes into the water, allow to soften and mash slightly.
- Roast in the oven for one and a half to one and three quarters hours. Check the legs aren't pink.
- Leave to rest in a warm place for 20 minutes, half an hour.
- Remove the lemons and squash so that the juice goes into the sauce.
- Strain into a gravy boat and serve poured over the chicken.