Lebanese inspired lamb with cauliflower
The middle Eastern flavours combine so well in this one pot dish. Even if you're not a fan of cauliflower this goes down a treat.
- 1 large cauliflower cut into small florets
- 500 g lamb mince organic if possible
- 35 g pine nuts
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, large crushed
- 85 g coriander chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 225 ml boiling water
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat and brown the pine nuts until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Increase the heat and add the cauliflower florets. Fry until charred in places, this adds flavour to the final dish. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the lamb mince over a fairly high heat for approx 5 minutes to brown it.
- Add the pine nuts, coriander, garlic, salt, pepper and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add the cauliflower and boiling water. Stir well and cover.
- Simmer covered for 25 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, adding a little water if it gets too dry. It is ready when the cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
- For extra flavour leave to stand for 15 minutes before serving. It freezes well.