Mexican mixed puy
This is a vegetarian version of the Mexican meat recipe. It is lovely piled onto the low carb pizaa bases as soft tacos. Serve with guacamole, salsa, creme fraiche and grated cheese.
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms chopped small
- 200 g Ready to eat puy lentils Merchant Gourmet are great
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper deseeded and diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 150 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Marigold Boullion powder
- salt and pepper
- In a pan, fry the onions over a medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients with the water last. Stir well, turn down to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Top up with a little water if it goes dry.