Mushrooms not quite Stroganov
Stronganov (often written as Stroganoff) was named after a Russian using his native sour cream to serve with beef. I have made a vegetarian dairy free version, which although not as thick, is extremely tasty. Even if I do say so myself!
- 2 tbs olive oil extra virgin
- 300 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- 3 tsp tamari wheat free soy sauce
- 25 ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp Marigold Boullion powder vegan
- 100 ml boiling water
- 100 ml coconut cream or soy cream
- chopped parsley optional
- In a frying pan, fry the onions over a medium heat for about five minutes until soft but not coloured.
- Add the mushrooms, wine, paprika and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the Marigold powder, water and tamari and increase the heat slightly. reduce the sauce so that it thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the coconut cream. If not as thick as you would like it reduce it down a little further. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in or sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with boiled quinoa or cauliflower rice (see recipe below).
Here is the link for cauliflower rice