Savoury coconut crackers
With a pastry like, crumbly texture, these moreish crackers are great served with dips such as Mexican bean or guacamole. A really good dairy free alternative to the savoury cheese crackers.
- 50 g ground almonds
- 90 g coconut oil extra virgin, at room temperature or butter
- 35 g coconut flour
- 1 egg beaten egg substitute link at the bottom
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180 fan, 200 electric or Gas 6.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, and mash together with a fork until well combined and a dough is formed.
- Divide into 24 small balls. Place on two lined baking sheets with plenty of space. Press down to thin rounds.
- Prick each cracker twice with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheets.
For an egg substitute click here