No Egg Mayo
For those with an egg allergy or vegan, this is perfect. I've tried cashew mayo which leaves a grainy texture on coleslaw, but this is truly smooth. Tastes delicious and the flaxseed mean it's packed with omega 3's.
- 18 g freshly ground flaxseed grind it fresh for best results
- 90 ml almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tsp dextrose/glucose powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- sliver garlic to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 180 ml light in colour olive oil
- Grind the flaxseed in a coffee bean grinder.
- Put the ground flaxseed and almond milk into a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the oil.
- Turn the blender on and slowly add the oil through the open shoot.
- Put the mayo into a glass jar and refrigerate for at least an hour for it to firm up.
- Will keep for a week or so, if you can leave it alone for that long! Use it in the recipes below.