Sweet and Crunchy Seeds
Based on my pecan brittle recipe, this is a no-nut crisp and sweet alternative. It's also packed with loads of vitamins and Omega 3 fat.
- 100 g raw sunflower seeds
- 100 g raw pumpkin seeds
- 20 g golden flaxseed
- 40 g raw sesame seeds
- 40 g shredded coconut
- 140 g rice syrup preferably Biona
- Pre heat the oven to 170 fan, 190 electric or Gas 5.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Spread the mixture out. Cover with another piece of parchment and with the back of a spoon apply pressure and spread the mixture further out so that it becomes even and a uniform thickness.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and mark into squares while still hot.
- Lift the parchment and place on a wire rack to cool and crisp up. Store in an airtight box for a few days.
- This could be used as a healthier alternative to granola, just smash or crumble into a bowl and add your favourite milk.