Low starch and gluten free often means soft and chewy cookies, but these are fantastically crisp! High in protein and calcium, these are a great sweet treat that look after your health too.
- 10 g butter if dairy free, use coconut oil
- 60 g rice syrup
- 35 g tahini sesame paste
- 1 tsp vanilla essence sugar free
- 60 g sesame flour
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g dextrose/glucose powder
- sesame seeds for coating
- Pre heat the oven to 180 fan, 200 electric or Gas 6.
- In a bowl, melt the butter or coconut oil for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the tahini, vanilla and rice syrup and stir to combine.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mash with a fork until it starts to come together. Then use your hand to form a ball.
- Divide into 8 balls and squash to make cookie shapes (they will get wider when cooking).
- Press into a bowl of sesame seeds and place on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until puffed, spread and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.