Super almond cookies
Dairy free doesn't have to be taste free. You could put any smooth nut butter in this recipe to change up the flavours. Try it with finely ground hazelnuts and hazelnut butter. Heaven.
- 100 g ground almonds
- 50 g smooth almond butter
- 125 g dextrose
- 1 egg beaten egg free link at bottom of page
- few drops vanilla or almond essence sugar free!
- Pre heat the oven to 160 fan, 180 electric or Gas 4.
- Grease or line 3 baking sheets.
- Warm the almond butter in a bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds. Mix until very smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and using a fork mix thoroughly to combine into a stiff dough.
- Divide into 32 small balls, and squash as thin as possible onto the baking sheets. Leave space between for them to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack. They should be somewhere between chewy and crispy.
- Store in an airtight container.
For an egg substitute click here