Sweet lemon bake
These are an alternative to the lemon tart. Leaves out having to make pastry. You could serve with the super almond cookies.
- 4 eggs free range
- 2 lemons zest and juice
- 180 g Biona rice syrup
- 60 ml double cream or coconut cream if dairy free
- Pre heat the oven to 170 fan, 190 electric or Gas 5.
- In a small saucepan warm the syrup and double cream, stirring to combine heat until there is steam rising but not boiling.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a jug whisk the eggs and lemon together.
- Pour the cream and syrup mix into the jug whisking thoroughly at the same time.
- Boil the kettle. In a deep baking tray place 2 ramekins. Into the baking tray, pour in the boiling water so that it comes up about halfway up to the outside of the ramekins.
- Pour the mixture into the two ramekins.
- Carefully place in the oven and bake for about 1 hour or until set with a slight wobble.
- Remove the ramekins and allow to cool. I think they're nicer chilled, but room temperature is good too.
Top tip for getting more juice from your lemons is to apply a little pressure and roll them before cutting in half to squeeze them. You'll get about a third more juice. Remember these are not low carb but are included in the Wide Eyed Course to reduce sugar intake and cravings. Here is the link for the super almond cookies