This is packed with great pulses. It is a quick version as there is little prep involved and it freezes superbly well.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper deseeded and diced
- 500 ml passata
- 400 g can mixed beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pack Ready to eat puy lentils Merchant Gourmet are best
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp not chilli powder or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- salt and pepper
- Fry the onion and pepper in the olive oil on medium to high for 5 minutes, to soften but not colour.
- Add all other ingredients. Stir well to combine and simmer for 30 minutes.